Saturday, June 8, 2013

No More Tears

So a very sad time has finally arrived: no more baby shampoo. after almost 8 years, there is only "grown up" shampoo in our house.  yes, I know it is ridiculous to feel sad about such a trivial matter but to me such an occurrence boldy states that I no longer have "babies" in my house but rather little people with hair that require a stronger concoction to hide their stink.  a very sad day indeed. is it wrong that I want to put them in the dryer to shrink them and keep 'em little?  yes, life is much easier with a 7 year old who prepares snack for her soccer team, tackles the laundry and makes the greatest grilled cheese without help, not to mention the 5 year old who insists on making her bed by herself everyday but this independence also reminds me that they are growing up and I can't do anything about it.  I do my best to hold on to this time ( My name is Noeleen and I buy footie pjs for my youngest and  sometimes steal my sleeping offspring out of their own beds and cuddle them in mine) while fake smiling how happy I am with their independence but deep in my heart I cringe at the thought that the scissors are getting closer to those apron strings.  I am sure that the next chapter in motherhood will be awesome but I admit ( and those who knew me "BC" -Before Children- know how odd this next statement is) I love being a mum to little folk; little folk that jump in my lap cause Scooby Doo was too scary, or the fireworks were too loud, little folk with a cut and can only find comfort in a kiss from me, little folk with chubby cheeks and chubbier toes, little folk that smell of baby shampoo.    :-(
so I am sure you will now understand if you find me in the hair product aisle of the drug store sniffing and hugging a familiar bottle of yellow shampoo.  and please, before you tease, pass me a kleenex because clearly its "no more tears" slogan is a farce.  sniff sniff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Burlington, Canada
Description huh? Hmm...where to begin, what do I start with....? Ok, the basics...37 years old, married to my one love, have two incredible girls, a teacher by trade although unable to work fulltime in that field so I sub here and there and help my sister-in-law with her business. Recently returned back to the GTA after living in Bermuda for 10 years. Being close to family is great but I do miss the seaside. Interests....? I love making things, biking, music, playing outside...however I find time is what I am short of these days. Interests I wish I had...cooking incredible meals using more than 4 ingredients, exercise(apparently all that crap about burning calories while vacuuming and folding laundry doesn't count if you eat food!!)reading (grown up) books (I manage about 4 pages of my own novel a night thus my library overdue charges are quite large!). Things I like about me...my need for things to be in the right place, Things I am not so keen on about me....my need for things to be in the right place, my dislike for the telephone, my slight tendency to be a control nut...freak is sooooo overused.