Thursday, December 30, 2010

happy new year

new years . ugh. the time when i feel the need to look at what things i need to improve in my life so that in a few a weeks when i drop the ball, i can feel crummy for not sticking to my guns. i do like the idea of a fresh start but feel a monday after a guilty weekend just as refreshing and september (back to school) the start to MY fiscal year. i think the word "resolution" is intimidating enough..."re" means to do something again, and "solution" is a way to solve a problem...to resolve a problem again and again and again. ... yikes, doesn't that already scream failure before startint? so this year i decided to come up with a few "readjustments" instead - things that i plan to tweak throughout the year as i feel needed. things that i do and feel i shouldn't or want to do but feel i shouldn't....so far i have come up with a few:

1. to allow the same paint brush to be dipped into different colours
2. to turn the tv on for my children to watch so i can have 5 mins to myself at the end of the day.
3. to say "because i said so" instead of doing the right parenting thing all the time
4. to admit i don't compost because the fruit flies drive me NUTS
5. to allow my kids to have whip cream out of the can more often just cause it makes them happy
6. not to plan everything all the time ...as often(who am i kidding?!)
7.no to be "on" the laundry and to let the dirty clothes pile up cause they aren't going anywhere but one day my girls will be
8. to accept that my reading will not go beyond sandra boyton and people magazine for a few more years...and to stop buying grown up books
9. to balance screentime with facetime (recently realized how handsome my hubby is and that time is treating him well)

i think that is it for now. nothing too far outta reach but things i can adjust when i see fit and nothing i feel i need "luck" to help me out with...

so happy new years to you and good luck on your re......?

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year Noeleen. I resolve to see my friends more often and be the best parent I can to Noah and of course my hubby needs time too. Have a great night!

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
Burlington, Canada
Description huh? Hmm...where to begin, what do I start with....? Ok, the basics...37 years old, married to my one love, have two incredible girls, a teacher by trade although unable to work fulltime in that field so I sub here and there and help my sister-in-law with her business. Recently returned back to the GTA after living in Bermuda for 10 years. Being close to family is great but I do miss the seaside. Interests....? I love making things, biking, music, playing outside...however I find time is what I am short of these days. Interests I wish I had...cooking incredible meals using more than 4 ingredients, exercise(apparently all that crap about burning calories while vacuuming and folding laundry doesn't count if you eat food!!)reading (grown up) books (I manage about 4 pages of my own novel a night thus my library overdue charges are quite large!). Things I like about me...my need for things to be in the right place, Things I am not so keen on about me....my need for things to be in the right place, my dislike for the telephone, my slight tendency to be a control nut...freak is sooooo overused.